First up on this post-a-polooza is some info about Pieces of Us. My debut novel has been for sale for two months now and it is so exciting for me to know that people out there are reading and loving my novel. I was recently interviewed on The Bookclub Sisters Blog and they posted it on their website over the weekend. You can read it by clicking - HERE! Thanks for a fun interview with some really interesting questions - that include some insight into my new book series. I'd love if you all would stop over, read the interview and leave the girls some love with a comment.
Here is a sneak preview of one of the questions from my interview -
14) What are your current projects?
This is so exciting for me. I’ve just started a four book, urban fantasy series and it’s all I can think about. It’s going to be called The Walker Chronicles (or something similar – name still undecided) and be about witchcraft and time-travel. I have all four books planned out with chapter titles and notes and I have started writing the first chapter. I’m hoping to finish writing the first book by the end of this year.
Next up is some exciting news... one of my short stories has been included in an anthology of short stories that will be released from Omnific Publishing in July. There will be two anthologies released as part of the 'Summer Lovin' Anthology (one hot and steamy and one for younger audiences), with the money raised from both books going to the SAVE THE TA TAS, breast cancer charity. I will provide more detailed information, as well as links where you can buy these books as the information comes to me, so stay tuned!!
My new novel (working title - The Time Walker) is progressing well. I have all the chapters planned out and a writing schedule all planned out. If I can keep up with my plan, I will have the first draft finished by October. Wish me luck and good words!!
The lovely and charming Carol Oats, fellow author and friend of mine, was kind enough to nominate me and my webpage for The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Awards... Thank you very much Carol!! You can visit Carol's blog by clicking - HERE! - and check out her posts. Carol's novel Shades of Atlantis is wonderful and I can recommend it as a great read!!
So, for being awarded The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award, I have to tell you 5 interesting facts about me and then nominate some people who I award the Blog Awards to.
We're now about halfway through the MEGA Post... how are you faring? Need a coffee refill?
1) I had never lived alone until I was 29 years old. I went from my parent's house to living with my now ex-boyfriend, to living with friends and I only started living alone last year when a friend asked me to house-sit for her while she was traveling overseas. I loved the freedom of having my own space and still live alone.
2) I love cats. I think they are my favorite animal. Most people love dogs (and I do too), but you have to live with a cat and know how warm and caring these adorable little animals are. The only thing that I regret about the wonderful apartment that I live in, is that I can't have a pet. I miss having a cat.
3) I'm a big geek. Last year I went to San Diego Comic Con. I love Buffy, Angel, Stargate, Star Trek... basically anything I could get teased for watching - I love it!!
4) I love history. I am fascinated by anything to do with the Titanic, the middle-ages or ancient Egypt. I actually just went to Melbourne last month to go to the Melbourne Museum to view the Tutankhamun exhibit, which was amazing!!
5) I have one enemy in life and it is a small green pig. Yes, that's right people... I'm addicted to Angry Birds *facepalm*
So, it is now my turn to pass the award on to three wonderful blogs - in no particular order.
- Sandra Wright - http://sandrawright.com.au/
- Susan Kaye Quinn - http://lifelibertyandpursuit.com/
- Robin DeJarnett - http://robindejarnett.com/
The final, and maybe the most important part of this post is that I am a part of the SassyBookLovers Blog Hop!!
There are only 2 rules for people following this blog hop.
1) You must leave a comment on EVERY blog you visit along the way, and,
2) HAVE FUN!!! Enjoy getting to know some wonderful authors and maybe buying one of their books and getting a good read. And, don't forget to collect the unique clue from each website. (My clue is below)
Remember, at the end of the blog hop, for people who have followed the rules, there will be an AMAZING prize!! So, get hopping!!
The next stop on the blog hop is to the wonderful - Clarissa Pereira. Click the below link to go to her page and find the next clue. - http://whencbabbles.blogspot.com/
So, I hope I haven't lost anyone along the way. I know that was a lot of information to take in all at once. I thought about writing several smaller posts and putting them out over several days, but then I decided that one huge post had some novelty to it and thought it would be fun!!
Thanks so much for reading and I'll be back soon with more updates!!
Until next time...